VICTORY BAPTIST CHURCH
"Come worship with us..."
Statement of Faith
- In the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original, and that they are supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- In one God, externally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That the Genesis account of creation is to be accepted literally, not allegorically or figuratively; that man was created directly in God's own image and was not a matter of evolutionary change of species; that all animal and vegetable life was made directly, and as God ordained, should bring forth only "after their kind."
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, and born of Mary, a virgin, and is true God and true man.
- That man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is seperation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and, in case of those who reach the age of moral responsibilty, are sinners in thought, word and deed.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- In the "Eteranl Security" of the believer; that it it impossible for one born into the family of God ever to be lost.
- In the resurrection of the crucifed body of our Lord, in his ascension into heaven, and in His present life there as High Priest and Advocate.
- That the Church of our Lord is a visible, local, self governing body of believers who have been baptized and that there are only two ordinances; baptism and the Lord's supper, both of which are administered only to believers.
- In the literal fulfillment of the prophecies and promises of the Scriptures which foretell and assure the future regeneration and restoration of Israel as a nation.
- That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- That Jesus Christ is coming again to take His church out of the world at which time the tribulation begins and will end at His coming to earth to rule and reign for 1,000 years as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.